Kamalot

Visit often for fun and funny things delivered right to your web browser!

November 17, 2005

PS3 + Hard Drive + Online = Xbox 360






Recently announced is a telling truth about the PS3’s supposed power.

To date, the most impressive interactive PS3 footage shown is of the infamous Metal Gear Solid 4 teaser, presented at the Tokyo Game Show. While a nice looking game, it most assuredly wasn’t up to snuff compared to the previous pre-rendered PS3 videos shown, yet Playstation fans everywhere are holding on to this one interactive demo as proof that ‘their’ upcoming system of choice will be the most powerful.

Hideo Kojima, the game’s creator, has now gone on record saying that the Xbox 360 is capable of running the PS3's Metal Gear Solid 4 interactive presentation.

That’s right. The best that the PS3 has to offer is available on November 22, 2005 in the form of an Xbox 360.

Sony is running a classic campaign. They aren’t showing their hand with the PS3. Instead, they present a few carefully selected pre-rendered videos and a lot of talk about how powerful the system is. Sony’s hope is that people don’t buy the Xbox 360 and wait a year for the PS3. They know that if they showed off real gameplay footage, people could compare it directly to the Xbox 360 and see that there is little-to-no difference. Instead, they allude to the power and mystery of the system knowing imagination is a force much more powerful than any screen shot. They pulled similar moves with the launch of the PS2.

It is also well known that the first good game for the PS2 didn’t appear until more than a year after the system’s launch. If we use this information to make a prediction about the PS3, especially in light of how difficult programming the Cell processor is reported to be, one comes up with a disturbing prediction:

* You can get an Xbox 360 this year before Christmas that is capable of running the most advanced PS3 technical demonstration shown.

* Next year (probably around this time) the PS3 will be released, without a hard drive and without a unified online service, two huge selling points of the Xbox 360.

* It will cost at least as much as the Xbox 360 does today, if not more, plus the cost of memory cards.

* By the PS3 launch, the Xbox 360 will have had at least one price drop.


A year after the PS3’s launch, it may get its first really good game.

That would be a two year span in which Xbox 360 will be cranking out real next-generation titles. Holdouts will be left with their original PS2 in the interim while the world moves on without them.

17 Comments:

At November 17, 2005 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude,u are one of the most retarded fanboy i have meet on the net

 
At November 17, 2005 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fanboy

 
At November 17, 2005 2:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yep! I am a fan of playing good games and not a fan of waiting due to hype.

 
At November 17, 2005 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zer0 is a fucking faggot.

 
At November 17, 2005 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how Sony is just throwing their market lead away. It's sad.

Looks like MS is number one this gen.

 
At November 17, 2005 3:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Denis:

That's a good point. There are few compelling reasons to pick up an original Xbox, especially if you don't like shooters. The 360 though is getting a lot of love from Japanese development houses. I believe I even read somwhere that the Final Fantasy series will be headed multiplatform, Xbox 360 & PS3.

When a game costs so much to make these days, it only makes sense to publish your titles as multiplatform.

If you are in need of compelling exclusive titles, the Revolution is going to be the place to look. With the unique controller, we are more likely to see exclusive games on Nintendo's little wonder.

 
At November 17, 2005 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! My name is Zer0. I'm from the Gaming-Age Forums. I enjoy giving handjobs as well as sucking cock and taking it in the ass. I enjoy playing Grand Theft Auto, God of War, and Devil May Cry with all of my gay buddies. Go GAF!!!!!

 
At November 17, 2005 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Denis DuckFat! I love Zer0 giving it to me up the ass!

 
At November 17, 2005 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yep! I am a fan of playing good games and not a fan of waiting due to hype."

Good choice. It's a shame there really won't be anything worth playing on the 360 ready for launch, unless you love generic FPS, sports, and platforming titles.

Like it or not, Sony has the most developer support (for now) and in all likelihood gamers WILL have to wait for the PS3 to experience some of the best games out there, regardless of whether or not the 360 could pull off the job just as well. That's just how the industry works.

 
At November 17, 2005 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like some GAF nintenbots got pissed by that guy lol

 
At November 17, 2005 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yep! I am a fan of playing good games and not a fan of waiting due to hype."


sure dude,you only praise good games when are on nintendo systems

 
At November 17, 2005 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

supertom

buy some good glasses

 
At November 19, 2005 8:47 PM, Blogger Karmakin said...

Heh. Kamalot is a NINTENDO fanboy, if anything :). No offense, I don't mean that as a perjorative. But this site does tend to focus on Nintendo quite a bit.

Myself, this generation I've played the most of PS2 games and almost NO X-Box games. Nothing really attracted me. Also, the cost of the X-Box turned me off.

As far as I'm concerned, there will be good games coming out for the PS2 straight up to next August. The GameCube is on its last legs, but whatever. The Revolution should be out next year.

But I've made my next-gen plans, and Sony is not part of them. I'll be picking up a 360 probably when Lost Odessy comes out. And Revolution? I'll have one on launch day thank you very much.

Sony not only has dropped the ball, they've thrown it away.

 
At November 21, 2005 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woha,this kamalot dude looks like the 40 year old virgin,what a disgrace

 
At November 21, 2005 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and it looks like your posting from your moms basement

-C

 
At November 21, 2005 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm kidding, I'm actually the illegitimate child of prince and Cher after their drinking binge. I like to talk about other people in a negative way because the anonymity makes me feel powerful. That is important to me because I have to compensate for what mother nature failed to endow upon me.

I will keep doing stupid shit and defending purchasing Stupidity (I.E. Purchasing hyped up products) because I am none the wiser. When my mom finally ups my stay-up-late curfew, i will be able to stay up late like the big boys prove my ultimate stupidity.

But for now, i have to go change my Pull-ups (TM). I would honestly love not be be anonymous, but that would require be to be thoughtful and would subject me to criticism. Something I can dish out, but am too much of a pussy to take.

I am not even aware that my IP may have been recorded.

-C

 
At December 03, 2005 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh deary deary me, it seems like you boys have been yanking too hard on your controllers and don't realize that the future of the planet does not reside in the entrails of some metal/plastic gaming machine ;-)
Let's face it Nintendo is for Village People dwarf fans (Super Mario, just look at the initials, did i mention freak gay SM crossdressers???)and retarded pet owners (Nintendogs - duh the last time i put my ds in the waterbowl it kinda crackled at me and died) ; Xbox owners just like UglyShit (TM) and selling their souls to *assrape* Gates, although 360 owners won't need to buy any Xmas lights as apparently their new ***sole does quite a job in the malfunction/flashing lights dept. ; and finally Playstation owners - will they ever realize that the parts from their old 486 PC ended up in their new *new* PS2, they just flattened the f***er, added some sleek black/silver casing and left the graphics the same, and the ps3s controllers are intended as cheap online sextoys, just set to vibrate, insert and connect to the net?? How about an Atari 2600 revival, at least *back in the day* shit was real shit and that was dope!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home